4/15/13

Some changes around here...



After a little deliberation over this and some more deliberation over that (and from analyzing the results from the recent survey... thank you to all of you who took the time to fill that out, by the way) I've come up with some modifications for the blog and my shop.  I'm pretty happy with what's to come and I hope you will be, too.

Here are some changes (give or take):

On this blog, Wish List...

Every week there will be a post on:
1. Style.  I'm working with friend, hair stylist, and upcoming photographer Myriah Bujak on this series.   Each week I'll share a couple photos of me in a somethingorother I've put together.  But given my aversion to certain trends and my appreciation for anything that a person just feels comfortable wearing regardless of what the confines of fashion might dictate, it'll be more about unleashing who you are and less about presenting an outfit.  Hope you enjoy it...

2. These Things. I'll choose three images mixing home design / work space design / food / drink / quotes / anything awesome into one post.  Think of it as a dose of eye candy to help you feel happy and inspired.

3. Make.  I'll continue the DIY series offering easy and fun projects to spruce up your home, office, or to give as gifts.

Every other week there will be a post on:
1. Behind the Scenes.   There was a ton of feedback asking for more behind the scenes images of my personal life and my work, so I'll do my best to keep up with taking photos of  some of the things that go on in my life.  I've decided to do this every other week instead of every week because of two things A: I get so caught up in my work- designing and creating- that I often lose track of remembering to take photos of it all.  So I'm being reasonable with myself here.  and B: I don't want to be a slave to my camera and feel like I need to document everything I experience in life.  So every other week will be my balance.  Sound good?

2. Life in Motion. I've long wanted to incorporate video onto Wish List but have had a tricky time of the layout of the video itself.  I think I've finally figured out the problem and am now excited to share a short video sharing a moment in my life, from my eyes, with you.  It'll give the blog some movement and add another layer that I think will make it more engaging. (fingers crossed)

3. Local Love.  Given that many of you do not live in Santa Barbara and may not necessarily have a vested interest in local-to-me businesses that I love, I've decided to make this an every other week series to appeal to a wider readership.   It should work out well for locals and for potential visitors alike. 

4. This.  Anything I've come across that appeals to me in any moment that I feel might bring you as much a feeling of contentment as it did for me.  Consider this my random post.

Once a month there will be a post on:
1. Family/Motherhood/Childhood. This guest post courtesy of the lovely Amy from Raising Men, Finding Me. Her writing captures the fullness of everyday experiences of motherhood and given the email responses to her first guest post, I think these will continue to be well received.

*SIDE NOTE:  The vast majority of you shared that you would leave comments if that section were to be opened up again.  I've mentioned this before, but I've had technical difficulties with the comments in the past- I've been notified of them being left but they hadn't shown up on the blog itself.  Should be all fixed now.  So.... I'll open them up today and try it out for a week or so. *

In my shop... (each month, something new!)

1. More semi-precious stone jewelryNecklaces, earrings, bracelets, and rings for your wearing pleasure...

2. More everyday sparkle  and everyday fabric hair accessories.  Accessible, spirited, and beautiful accents for your hair...

3. More home + office decor and lifestyle accessories.  Throw pillows, wall art, iphone, ipod, ipad, laptop decorative accessories from my personal artwork.  More options, like tote bags, to come...

 
It's been a crazy wonderful creative time.  I hope you will enjoy the ride right along with me.
Love,
Cath 

Template by Pink + Lola