9/14/09

Son of Rambow, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure and A Happy Ending...

I can't get over this movie. I saw it last night to wind down the weekend and I think it kept a smile on my face the entire time- except with the couple sadder parts and then I teared up. But still. It was so incredibly endearing and I fell in love with all the nuances of the storyline and the
kind of visual components that only a 10 year old boy could muster up. Will's sketchbook, alone, flipped me out (and as far as I can tell after teaching art with children for so many years, the art was actually drawn by a kid- and not an adult trying to pass it off as kid's art- which is a huge pet peeve of mine). Being able to ensure I'd end up with a kid like him would increase my desire to raise a child by ten fold. Also- the soundtrack is amazing. Siouxsie and the Banshees! And after the movie's sugary sweet ending (screw it. I embrace these sorts of things nowadays.), the credits rolled with The Cure playing full blast. THAT'S my idea of a happy ending...

Such a good movie.
Template by Pink + Lola