5/23/14

Olive Oil and Sea Salt Brownie Cookies

Olive Oil and Sea Salt Brownie Cookies recipe

Once, about a month ago, I was making pasta and opened the cabinet door to grab some olive oil only to discover I had none left.  I have no idea how that happened but will say that it was my 12 hours of hell until I could get to the grocery store the next morning.  I stood in the middle of my cozy (read: "tiny") kitchen, stunned.  I could think of no substitute; no consolation for my predicament.  If this sounds too dramatic, understand that I come from an Italian family.  There is never no olive oil around.  Ever.  I use it for cooking, of course, but also on my skin and hair if I run out of coconut oil.  In all honesty, it is my life force (too much?).

So I was making brownies a while back and ran out of butter (equally traumatizing) and I went for the olive oil as a substitute.  Freaking delicious.  My gosh.  Why had I not tried this before?  Why?  WHY?!

Then I saw this olive oil and sea salt brownie cookies recipe and thought, "Yes.  This is the greatest thing in the world."
No truer words, friends.

[ via butter lust blog ]
Template by Pink + Lola