10/23/13

Confetti Dot Pumpkin

confetti dot pumpkin diy

I'd like to say that I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Halloween but, the truth is, I'm really not.  I think the onslaught of all the "slutty [insert anything here]" costumes over the past several years have jaded me on the whole idea.  I used to like dressing up, but I'm mostly lazy about it now.  My favorite adult costume - and I'm still very proud of this- was a burrito.  I got a roll of kraft butcher paper, wrapped my (fully clothed) body with it, used wide masking tape to close, and wrote "carne assada $4.95" on it.  It was awesome.

But I also like pretty decorations like the confetti dot pumpkin above.  And while carving pumpkins is the way to go, this variation will last a little longer.

This is a simple project.  If you'd like to try it, visit A Subtle Revelry for the full diy.
Template by Pink + Lola