7/12/12

Once upon a time/ 6

The past week was filled up with a whole lot of random happenings... all good, all nurturing.  Weeks like these help a sometimes wound up workaholic girl like me catch a break.

moonrise kingdom


Although I love seeing movies in theaters, I only end up finding time for it maybe once or twice a year.  I saw Moonrise Kingdom yesterday afternoon and, my gosh, I think I sat there with a sappy smile on my face throughout the entire movie.  What a sweet + nostalgic experience.  
Oh Wes Anderson, every time...  every time! 


vw bug


On a walk into town, I passed this volkswagen beetle.  I really like volkwagens from the 50's and 60's, but this 70's model is pretty cool, too.  We have one car, but if we were to ever get another, it would definitely be an early 60's volvo or volkwagen to cruise along highway 1.


tattoo artist sebastian orth


This is Sebastian's hand.   We were out grabbing some guacamole + chips and a drink and I caught this shot while he was in between sips.   And and this one of my empty glass (read: blissed out Cath)...




black and white checked handmade silk handkerchief


The photo above is of a little thank you note and a handmade silk handkerchief made from a vintage scarf that I received in the mail (I love getting mail!) from the mother of Erin + Cody, the last two models who graced my past collection photos.  I swear they are the greatest family.  I hadn't known them prior to meeting them to model, but I've fallen in love with their wonderfully personable natures and their mom, Rebecca, is no different.  What a beautiful family.  Thank you so much for thinking of me in this way, Rebecca.  It warmed my heart.



designer stephanie kheder


I work at Sebastian's shop once a week + Steph stopped by with her cute self and her stellar Slick Chick bicycle (neat, huh?).  I tried to take a picture of the two of us, you know, with the outstretched arm holding the camera.  Didn't work.   My arm must be too short + it was just a blur.  Ah well.  But I did find this one still on the camera I'm using for next week's photoshoot.  I think it was taken a year or so ago.  We look all chill...


designers stephanie kheder and catherine masi

That's that, for now.  I'll be back next week with another batch for this series, likely of some behind the scenes images from the upcoming photoshoot (next collection out on the 20th!). 
 Until then...

Template by Pink + Lola