7/13/09

Intermission and Limbo

That's where I am... right in the middle of everything but having no idea where to place myself for the next step. Our studio is a mess, but I'm thinking that just means there's creative productivity in the works.

One, I'm preparing the final designs for the F/W accessories collection. This is my super exciting source of anticipation and life force until I get the final pieces off and running online. Lots of sketches, materials sorting, visual referencing, journal and post-it notes, and more ideas to sort through to design a completed product. I think they're going to be crazy fun bits of wearable goodness... but more on that in the next few weeks (Due to launch mid-late August).

Two, I was offered a great side project for consulting work on an illustrated children's book. This came out of nowhere (it always does) and am now trying to balance my already insanely booked time between my own business and this project. But, I have to admit, it's been a freaking thrill ride for me... parts of my brain that haven't been used in a while suddenly reactivated and it's feeling pretty damn empowering. I likie.

A couple of big tasks to be accomplished and I'm not real sure how or when I will have the wherewithal to straighten out which item on the to do list to tackle next. Two very different projects, one short circuiting brain. I find myself just staring at the wall until the misfiring stops so I can get back to completing the task at hand. Should be interesting.

Coming soon... a couple of featured artists to wow you and make you want to chuck your television and make something awesome with that scrap box of randomness you promised to get to but instead have nestled it into the far reaches of your garage or bedroom closet.
Template by Pink + Lola