6/12/14

Hair Styles

hair style - braid

Once several years back, when I was the maid-of-honor at my sister's wedding, the woman she hired to do the hair ended up taking my requested "Bjork-inspired up-do" (I know.  Shut it.) and molding my hair  into a corn row and wisp extravaganza.  It was so bad, in fact, that when I went back to the hotel room where my brother and friend were hanging out before the wedding, I heard them laughing hysterically on the other side of the door's peep hole. I had to stand out in the hallway until they were done making fun of me.  Another brother ended up laminating a photo just to preserve the humiliation of it all. (No way in hell I'm posting a photo of that, so you're going to have to just take my word for it.)

Point is, I would rather just let my hair be.  I have no patience for spending more than two minutes styling it; which is why I just end up throwing a hair adornment in it to give the illusion of care when really I'm just super lazy about the whole thing.  My styling routine involves washing it two to three times a week with African black soap, condition with a middle of the road formula for a minute or so, towel dry, and add coconut oil. That's it.  And the lack of time and energy shows in my hair's wildness, but I'm fine with that.   However... once in a while, it's nice to do the hair a little differently so I've gathered these hair tutorials to inspire my lackluster attempts to prettify my hair .  I like these...

hair style - side bun
hair style - skunk boy blog + a beautiful mess

And of course Audrey Hepburn's ponytail.  Isn't she the loveliest?

Plus... Tutorials for short hair.

Made me laugh.

[  1 / 2 / 3 ]
Template by Pink + Lola