10/15/13

On Motherhood/ 7/ Guest Post


Hello, friends.  Here's this month's guest post from Amy over at Raising Men, Finding Me.  Perfect for appreciating Autumn with the little ones... Enjoy :)
 

Here in New England, the season of autumn has arrived and it is my very favorite time of year to enjoy with my little ones. When the air becomes crisp during the day and chilly at night, my first concern is making sure that they are warm and comfortable. After a cold snap last week, I pulled out the homemade sweaters that their grandmothers had knit for them. I replaced the cool cotton sheets on their beds with flannel sheets and fleece blankets which are so soft and warm that I often find my boys snuggling under them during our day. Each morning, slippers and socks adorn their little feet, and fleecy, footed pajamas are just about the coziest part of the season. Once they are bundled, I can focus on the season’s festivities and food. Trips to the local apple farms yield bags of apples, sugar-covered donuts, and gallons of apple cider that will be snacked on for weeks. Squash soups simmer on the stove top all day, filling our home with the yummiest of smells. The beauty of the colorful, freshly-fallen leaves – admired best when you are jumping into piles of them. Hay rides out to the pumpkin patch to pick a perfectly round pumpkin which will later be carved into a jack o’ lantern for our front porch on Halloween. Halloween! Oh, how my boys are looking forward to the spooky light-up decorations, the sweet candy, and of course, their costumes – a skunk costume for Aidan, complete with a spray bottle filled with “stinky spray” to spray people, and a fuzzy blue Cookie Monster costume for Sam. Yes, so much goodness comes in the fall and, as with most experiences, I have found that the season is enhanced by my little ones and their wonder of it all.

[hands image here]


Template by Pink + Lola