5/21/13

Boston...


Ready for about five zillion photos from the first leg of my trip back east?  All of these are from just 24 hours in Boston- so I tried to pack it all in with a few friends (sadly missing out on seeing other friends, too... only so much time- such a bummer.)

But I loved every bit of it because, hell, it's Boston and I do love me some Boston.  Not 10 minutes after getting off the plane at 7am, I headed straight to my favorite North End bakery.  This is the Italian section and, man, do they do it right.  Got my cannoli (from Modern Pastry, pictured above- and what cute packaging- below) and a coffee and headed out to my next stop.


 Dropped my stuff off at the Newbury Guest House where I stayed that night with my friend, Meaghan.  It was a perfect location for everything.  Then I cruised Newbury Street...







The Public Gardens...

 

 

and Charles Street / Beacon Hill area




Met up with my college friend, Sarah (she's lovely)...
And my friend, Andy, who used to be a roommate when I lived in Boston.


We hung out at one of my favorite spots- the courtyard between the old and new libraries.  It's kind of lavish but it's such a nice place to sit and drink some coffee and read.

 


Then some dinner with Meaghan and Rebecca.
(Meg and I grabbed a couple of drinks later on in the South End)


This one was taken shortly after a piggy-back ride...


Good times.

Next up... Maine, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, and back to Massachusetts for a visit with siblings and nieces and nephews.  Some sweet photos in there, so I'll share them throughout the rest of the week, if you'd like to have a peek at them.

Until then...
Template by Pink + Lola