2/20/13

Local Love / Warbler Records and Goods



There are many things I am thankful for.  I have a home.  I feel great love from those I choose to surround myself with.  I have a creative career.  I get to eat chocolate cake in the middle of the night if I want to.  

I am also thankful that shops like Warbler Records exist.  Though a few friends have record collections that total in the high hundreds or even thousands, mine is meager in comparison at maybe 200 albums lining my bookshelves.  My move out here forced me to leave an awesome vintage stereo and, taking only a small portion with me, also leaving a whopping stack of records with my friend, Chris.  I've missed my collection and have tried to build it back up again, little by little. 
 So I go to Warbler to get my fix.

The owners are the kind of people you want running a record shop; very nice and helpful, not at all pretentious.  It's one of my favorite places to treat myself. More reasons why...



They have a really great diversity of music in this place in a mix of vinyl and cds.  But they also have an artful selection of other goods + books (I come here to buy cool gifts for friends)...


And then there's the music...

 

Some neat players...


And what I purchased (and promptly played when I got home)...


If you're in town, stop by:

Warbler Records & Goods
131 East De La Guerra Street
Santa Barbara, California


Missed the first Local Love post? See it here.
 
Template by Pink + Lola