2/13/13

Local Love / Rori's Artisanal Creamery



Welcome to the very first installment of Local Love, a brand new weekly series here on Wish List, inspired by my favorite Santa Barbara area shops.   
This is how it all began...

One day, a couple of weeks ago, I stopped by a magazine shop in Montecito, still a part of, but just on the outskirts of Santa Barbara.  On my stroll back to my car, the loveliest little shop caught my eye and there, on the corner, was Rori's Artisanal Creamery.  This charming and smartly designed spot is airy and so pleasing to the eye.  It's got the perfect mix of modern and vintage styling ... the wooden details, the mason jars, the glass containers, the striped straws, the cool outdoor seating and, of course, the ice cream. 

I asked the very radiant, spirited owner and deliciousness concocter, Rori Travato, what I should call her decadent creations.  I mean, can something this insanely tasty be given the somewhat ordinary name, ice cream?  Yes, she said.  Call it what it is.  So I will call it this-is-my-happy-place ice cream; full bursting flavor (I had the salted caramel.  Holy of all holies, I can assure you.).

And, just when I didn't think it could be any better, according to their website, every ingredient in the ice cream is hand selected, local and organic whenever possible.  They use Straus Family Creamery organic milk, cream and eggs, and- to my taste buds- their flavors are pure and natural.  
I am, without shame, in love with an ice cream shop.  Have a look...






Here's Rori and lovely Paige.  (They were very kind even though I stopped by, unannounced, while they were just opening and setting things up for the day.)


Such a treat, this place. 

If you're local to the area or planning a visit into town, swing by and get your fill.

Rori's 1024 D Coast Village Rd.
Montecito, CA 93108
(within the Montecito, Vons shopping center)
(805) 770-2266

Su – Th 10 am -10 pm
Fr – Sa 10 am -11 pm



Template by Pink + Lola