5/31/12

Once Upon a Time / 1

I've been really appreciating all the informative + kind feedback from an opinion survey I put out on my facebook page (If you'd like to have a say, too, click HERE before the end of the week.).  One of the most requested blog series suggestions was to have a sort of "day in the life" where I would show you some behind the scene images of my day-to-day life + work.  So here it is, the first of many installments of  "Once Upon a Time" - named for the moments in time that create my story.  I sure hope you enjoy it...
See these?  I'm currently constructing some jewelry using this German glass glitter... and, boy oh boy, are they fun pieces.  I hope to have them cured, photographed, and uploaded onto my shop within the week.

It's likely that you will be seeing more of this shmoosh face, Mars the Dog, in future Once Upon a Time posts.  He's always close by, hoping for kisses and treats (but probably more for the treats than for my kisses).

 This from a color chart for some cute li'l hair clips that will be launched with the German glass jewelry.  
Think: ombre tones and color blocking.

Color inspiration and notes in one of my journals...  Some ideas stick, some evolve into something else entirely, but I like to have reference to go back to and pull from, if my mood requires.

This book was a gift from my brother, Louis.  Though I was born and raised primarily in New England, much of my family + older siblings were born and spent years of their childhoods in and around New York.  My mom's side of the family, in particular, had their handmade ornate Italian furniture studio in Brooklyn and their showroom in mid-town Manhattan throughout most of last century.  I really value and take pride in this artistic heritage and so love flipping through this book to remind me of that connection.  
Such a treat...
(Thanks, Lou!) 

So that's that.  Until next time...
Template by Pink + Lola